FCEA & FCUSD Joint Negotiations Update: April 6, 2018
Bargaining team members from FCUSD and the FCEA met for a regularly scheduled session on April 6, 2018.
Below is a short recap of major items covered during the collaborative and productive meeting:
• Team members reviewed impacts of the STRS/PERS contribution increases and Step and Column adjustments to the 2018-19 fiscal year budget.
• The cost of the FCEA proposal was discussed.
• The management team is developing a counter proposal, and both sides will meet again on April 27. FCEA requested that management conduct a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis to examine district spending priorities.
Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs):
New or updated MOUs included:
• Four (4) Release days for IEP Prep
◦ This MOU is up for renewal and will be reviewed again on April 27.
◦ Input from management and membership was discussed.
• Article 8.11 Elementary Specialist Language: Committee revisions were reviewed. This is being moved for ratification by FCEA.
• Article 8 Working Year, Word Day, Hours of Employment: The team discussed suggested revisions from previous meetings and will continue work clarifying and updating at our next meeting.
BOOST Summer Program:
• The team reviewed a Question and Answer document prepared to help clarify questions about the new program. Click here to read the fact sheet.
• Updates were given on progress working on Job Descriptions for the Counselor position.
• School Psychologist description will go to cabinet for review.
• Air Force JROTC position review will be on hold pending the review of the MOU between the Air Force and FCUSD.