CSEA & FCUSD Joint Negotiations Update: January 2020
Bargaining team members from FCUSD and the California School Employees Association (CSEA) Chapter #528, which represents about 1,000 bus drivers, food service workers, maintenance staff and other non-teaching positions, met on Jan. 9, 2020 for a regularly scheduled session.
The teams discussed the following items:
- The teams’ mutual interest in finding budget savings that will not only solve a projected budget shortfall, but also provide for wage and benefit enhancements in the coming years.
- The impact of the increased minimum wage which moved to $13 per hour this month and will rise to $15 per hour over the next two years.
- A pay range increase for our Food Service workers to adjust for the minimum wage increase. This increase fill be funded by the Food Services budget so it will not impact the general fund.
- A commitment to find a comprehensive and equitable solution for all classified employees who are currently or will soon be impacted by the minimum wage increase.
- CSEA’s request for the District to provide release time and cover the cost of substitutes so CSEA will be able to send four Para-Educators to the 2020 CSEA Para-Educators conference.
- A range of other issues including updating Job Descriptions and improving working conditions.
Agreement was reached on the following MOU (Memorandums of Understanding) subject to member ratification:
- An increase in Food Service Worker Pay Range
- FSW I from Range 6 to Range 8
- FSW II from Range 10 to Range 12