AB 104: Grade Change Application

AB 104: Grade Change Application

Recently passed Assembly Bill (AB 104) requires school districts to post a grade change application template and a list of the institutions of higher education that will accept a transcript with a Pass/No Pass grade.

The California Department of Education (CDE) has provided information and forms for families who wish to proceed with this option. For more information, please click HERE

  • To access a grade change form, please click HERE.
    • Please submit grade change request forms to your school site
  • To see the list of institutions of higher education that will accept a Pass/No Pass transcript, please click HERE.*

*Please keep in mind that some postsecondary institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade for admissions.

Both the CSU and UC systems have issued guidance on how they will handle admissions and GPA calculations for transcripts with Pass or No Pass grades. The CSU information can be found HERE, and UC information can be found HERE. AB 104 requires CSU schools, and encourages UC and private postsecondary schools, to accept without prejudice any transcripts with Pass/No Pass grades. 

Students will have 15 days from today, August 3, 2021, to request a grade change. AB 104 states that FCUSD shall not honor grade change requests after 15 days

FCUSD will have 15 days from the day the grade change application is received to change the transcript and notify the pupil and the pupil's parent/guardian of the change. 

If you have any questions, please reach out to your school site administrator or counselor.