Back Together, Stronger Than Ever
Welcome to the start of the 2021-2022 school year! We are excited to have our students back on campus for full-day, in-person instruction.
In order to maintain in-person learning, we must remain vigilant amidst the recent resurgence of COVID-19 in our county and state, due to the Delta variant. In FCUSD, safety is our number one priority and we will continue following COVID-19 safety protocols during this unprecedented time. We aim to strike a balance between implementing effective mitigation strategies and ensuring our students enjoy their school experience. We ask students, families, and our team members to partner with us to keep our community safe and our classrooms open for in-person instruction.
Help keep classrooms open for in-person learning by:
- Screen your child for COVID-19 symptoms every morning before they go to school. Please do not send children to school who are not feeling well
- Communicate with your school site if your child exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, has tested positive, or has a positive known exposure. This will help FCUSD contact trace and implement quarantine protocols
- Wear a face covering indoors and on the school bus, unless medically exempt*
- Proper face coverings:
- Include two or more layers of fabric AND
- Cover the nose and mouth and are secured under the chin
Other Safety Strategies...
- Get vaccinated when you become eligible
- Get tested for COVID-19 if you have a positive known exposure and (1) exhibit COVID-19 symptoms OR (2) are unvaccinated
- Promptly pick up your child from school if they become ill
- Practice healthy hygiene habits, including handwashing and hand sanitizing
- Bring a water bottle to school each day and remember to label it with a name
*Medical exemptions: An examination must include a medical diagnosis from an MD, DO, NP, or PA.