NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
KINDERGARTEN-5TH GRADE STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS
Please submit the required registration documents listed below to the Gold Ridge office during our registration hours: 8:00a-3:30p, Monday-Friday.
If necessary, the required registration documents can be emailed to the school clerk at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: All FCUSD elementary schools are open for traditional, in-person learning for the 2021-2022 school year. FCUSD offers alternatives to traditional, in-person learning. Click on the following links to learn more about these options:
- Innovations Academy (Virtual Learning Option)
- Folsom Cordova Community Charter School (Homeschool Option)
REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS INCLUDE:
- PRE-ENROLLMENT INFORMATION FORM - Click to download the form in ENGLISH - SPANISH - RUSSIAN
- DOCUMENTATION OF AGE (CA Ed Code 48002):
- Certified copy of a birth record or a statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Baptism certificate duly attested
- OR, when none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor, or any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child as prescribed by the governing board of the school district
- IMMUNIZATION RECORDS - Click HERE for immunization requirements
- EVIDENCE OF RESIDENCY (CA Ed Code 48204.1) - Reasonable evidence of residency for a pupil living with his or her parent or legal guardian shall be established by documentation showing the name and address of the parent or legal guardian within the school district, including, but not limited to, any of the following documentation:
- Property tax payment receipts
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
- Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts
- Pay stubs
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil
Student must live full time with parent or legal guardian at the address given. If you and your child are residing with a family member or friend, you and the owner of the home must complete an Affidavit of Residency attesting to your living arrangement. The owner of the home must provide the evidence of residency. Contact the Gold Ridge office if an Affidavit of Residency is needed.
- CUSTODY PAPERWORK, if applicable; please provide a court-stamped copy.
- IEP/504 PAPERWORK, if applicable
Additional documents required for Kindergarten/1st Grade students: The documents listed below are due anytime during your student's first year at Gold Ridge. The forms are not required to be submitted during the registration process. Once completed, please bring the forms to the Gold Ridge office.
- REPORT OF HEALTH EXAMINATION FOR SCHOOL ENTRY: This form is valid 6 months before the start of Kindergarten through the third month of your child's 1st grade year. For Kindergartners enrolling for the 2021-2022 school year, this form can be completed and signed by the physician on or after February 11, 2021. Forms signed before February 11, 2021 are not valid. Submit the form to the school office when completed. Click HERE to download the form.
- ORAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT: If this is your child's first year in public school, please have your child's dentist complete the Oral Health Assessment form. Submit the form to the school office when completed. Click HERE to download the form.
ON-SITE STUDENT CARE INFORMATION
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our on-site student care program, click HERE to visit the Before & After School Student Care webpage for detailed information about the Wait List & Registration process. Please note, getting on the wait list does not guarantee a spot in Student Care. As is the case at many schools in the district, the Student Care Program at Gold Ridge is impacted, and there is a significant wait to secure a spot. If you submit a Wait List Form and a spot becomes available, you will be contacted by the Student Care office to complete the registration process.
The window to submit a Wait List Form for the 2021-2022 school year closed on May 28, 2021 at 5:00pm.
The window to submit a Wait List Form for the 2022-2023 school year will open on February 1, 2022 at 7:00am.
An alternative to on-site student care is private, off-site child care. Many private child care facilities in Folsom offer transportation to and from Gold Ridge at all the different grade-level arrival and dismissal times.
SCHOOL CHOICE INFORMATION
School Choice applications for those wanting to attend a district school other than their home school are available in the Gold Ridge office. Or, click HERE to download and print the School Choice application at home.
ONLINE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Once all the required registration documents have been submitted, you will be given instructions on how to complete your student's registration online through PowerSchool Enrollment. The online portion of registration should be completed as soon as possible. If the number of enrolling students exceeds the number of spaces available in a particular grade level, PowerSchool Enrollment submission dates will be used to determine enrollment priority. Students may need to be overflowed to a nearby school, if enrollment numbers exceed the number of spaces available.
Questions about new student registration? Contact the Gold Ridge office at 916-294-9140.