VISITOR AND VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES
We welcome parents to be part of our school community. We need your assistance to ensure student safety and reduce disruptions to classroom instruction.
Please make sure you are familiar with these school and district policies:
- Visitors must sign in at the office and receive a visitor’s pass on each visit.
- Visitors to campus during instructional time must have an appointment.
- ALL volunteers must be Category 2 approved in order to work in the classroom and go on field trips.
You must have a Category 2 Volunteer Application approved and have a Live Scan done in order to work in the classroom and go on field trips.
Each year you must visit the Gold Ridge office to verify that your volunteer paperwork is up-to-date. Remember, TB test results are only good for 4 years. If your TB test expires, you will not be able to volunteer in the classroom or attend field trips until an updated negative TB test result is submitted to the Gold Ridge office.
Becoming Category 2 approved takes time, so don't delay. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can begin volunteering at Gold Ridge.
Category 2 Volunteer Applications are available in the office, or you can click HERE to download the Category 2 Volunteer paperwork. Be sure to download and complete all 6 pages of the volunteer packet.
Becoming a Category 2 Volunteer is a two-step process:
- FIRST, the completed Category 2 Volunteer packet must be submitted to the Gold Ridge office with documentation of a negative TB test done within the past 4 years. If your TB clearance was obtained through X-ray, you will also need to complete and submit a TB Health Questionnaire.
- THEN, once your Category 2 Volunteer Application has been approved by the principal, the office staff will guide you through the process of obtaining your Live Scan (fingerprint clearance). PLEASE DO NOT SCHEDULE YOUR FINGERPRINTING APPOINTMENT WITH THE DISTRICT BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION TO THE GOLD RIDGE OFFICE FOR APPROVAL; IN ORDER TO BE FINGERPRINTED, YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THE DISTRICT WITH A COPY OF YOUR APPROVED CATEGORY 2 VOLUNTEER APPLICATION SIGNED BY THE PRINCIPAL.
Applicants can begin volunteering only after receiving notification from office staff that DOJ clearance has been granted.
Please review the Volunteer Handbook. A hardcopy is available in the Gold Ridge office or you can click on the "Forms & Documents" tab above to view the Volunteer Handbook online.
Click HERE for a schedule of free FCUSD TB Skin Testing Clinics.We ask that all Category 2 Volunteer Applications be submitted to the Gold Ridge office before we leave for Winter Break. After Winter Break, our attention is focused on the time-consuming task of new and returning student registration. Those who turn in volunteer applications after Winter Break will need to meet with the principal and receive his approval before proceeding with the next steps of the Category 2 volunteer clearance process.