Return to Headlines
School Attendance and Independent Study Requirements
- Please notify the office each and every day that your student is absent from school. You can reach the office at 916-294-9135. You can call anytime during school office hours (7:30 am - 4:00 pm), or leave a message on the attendance line. When leaving a message, please state your name, your student's name, your relationship to the student, the date of the absence, and the reason for the absence. If your student is ill, please include their symptoms (i.e. sore throat, runny nose, fever, gastrointestinal issues, etc.,).
- If you visit a medical professional for your student's illness, injury, etc., bring us a doctor's note verifying the visit, and your student's absence(s) will be medically excused.
INDEPENDENT STUDY AGREEMENTS (“ISC”):
- Please plan vacations and family trips during school holidays. Pulling students out of school causes disruption to their learning and can be very challenging for our staff.
- If an ISC is needed, it must be arranged with the office staff at Folsom Hills at least 10 school days prior to the leave of absence. Please notify the FHE office in person when an ISC is needed. You must also bring your student(s) as they sign the contract as well.
- An ISC needs to be at least for a period not less than THREE school days and not more than FIFTEEN. Any agreement longer than 20 consecutive school days must be approved by the Director of Attendance and Due Process.
- Assigned Independent Study work must be turned in upon the student’s scheduled return date (no later). Independent Study work not turned in on the student’s scheduled day back will void the agreement, resulting in no attendance credit. Fully completed work turned in on time will result in full attendance credit. Partially completed work turned in on time will result in partial attendance credit.