Welcome to English Language Services
With over 90 different languages spoken by our students and families, Folsom Cordova Unified School District recognizes and celebrates the rich language and cultural diversity that our students bring to all of our schools. FCUSD currently serves over 2,000 English Learners who are learning English, presenting an exciting opportunity for the district to nurture and expand the diverse student population who are ultimately ready for college and careers after their educational experience with us.
FCUSD employs committed, motivated and knowledgeable staff who assists schools, the district, and parents with implementing programs and policies that support EL students and their families including:
- Effective identification, student placement, policies and procedures.
- Implementation of instructional programs and professional learning opportunities designed to meet EL student needs and ensure access to curriculum and research based instructional classroom practices to create safe and effective learning environments.
- Ensuring on-going support and monitoring of student progress.
- Engaging parents of EL students in district and school site planning, learning, and governing activities.
- Providing interpretation and translation services to parents and schools, and primary language assistance to students.
- Administering annual reclassification activities and celebrations of developing biliteracy.
Additional Information and Resources:Title III Progress Report (2011)
English Language ServicesMain phone numberPhone: 916.294.9000Fax: 916.294.9020Director
Categorical Programs & GrantsCategorical Administrative Technician