Do you need a Work Permit?
If you are under 18, you need a work permit. Give yourself at least 2 days to get the permit.
2.0 GPA or above
Less than 10 excused absences
No unexcused absences
What do you need to do?
1. Get hired! (Congratulations!)
2. Once you are hired, fill out the Work Permit Application, including the employer section.
(Download it HERE: https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/dlseformb1-1.pdf OR email Ms. Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you a copy)
Do not worry about filling out the bottom square section.
If you can't print, don't worry! Fill out as much as you can and email Ms. Webb at email@example.com
3. Email your COMPLETED form to firstname.lastname@example.org
An example email: "Hi Ms. Webb, My name is _____ and I have attached my work permit. Thank you!"
4. Ms. Webb will email you your signed, official work permit.
5. Give your employer the work permit. Congratulations!