Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Voluntary Student Insurance

Voluntary Student Accident Insurance

The Folsom Cordova Unified School District does not carry dental or medical insurance for students injured on school premises, while under school jurisdiction, or while participating in school district activities.

You are responsible for medical and dental bills if your child gets hurt during school activities.

While the District takes appropriate measures to protect your child from injury, accidents can and do occur - even in safe environments.  The District provides information on voluntary student insurance coverage plans available for purchase through Student Insurance, an independent insurance company (Ed Code 49472).

Insurance coverage may be arranged by parents/guardians through individual policies, group insurance or through a voluntary insurance program of the Student Insurance Agency. The Student Insurance Agency policy covers accidental injuries sustained by a student traveling to and from school and while participating in regular school activities, including athletics.

NOTE:  If you currently have your own health coverage for your child, Student Insurance may be able to be used to help pay those eligible charges not covered by other insurance (i.e. deductibles and co-payments).

Questions?  Contact Student Insurance at (800) 367-5830.

 Students in grades 7-12 who wish to participate in interscholastic sports, including cheerleading, mascots, band, drill team, etc., must provide proof of medical insurance prior to the first practice (Ed Code 32220-32224). 

To complete an application, please visit Student Insurance’s website at      If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Student Insurance at 1-800-367-5830.   
Online Enrollment Information - English  
Online Enrollment Information - Spanish   
Accident Insurance Claim Form - English  
Accident Insurance Claim Form - Spanish