Welcome to Mitchell's Counseling Corner!Counselors: Students with last names beginning with...Melissa Means: A - LEric Mejia: M - Z
What is the role of a middle school counselor?
The counseling program is an integral part of the school program at Mitchell Middles School. Our school counselor(s) work closely with the Mitchell staff, administrators, families, and community to provide a supportive, effective and safe environment in which all students can succeed. Students and families are encouraged to contact the counseling office to set up appointments if they would like to meet with a member of the counseling staff. Mitchell's counseling program provides:
· Academic/Emotional/Social adjustments to middle school
· Class placement for 6th, 7th and 8th grade
· Academic guidance for students & parents/guardians
· Orientation to comprehensive counseling services and how to receive assistance
· Provide assistance to students in conflict mediation, communication skills, problem-solving, & decision-making
· Facilitates Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences for student in need of services
· Helps with organization skills, study skills, and test taking skills
Call 916.294.9050 and ask to be transferred to the Counseling Dept.