Letter from the FMS PTO President
Dear Folsom Middle School Parents,
We would like to welcome you to our Folsom Middle School PTO. We are a non-profit volunteer organization of parents and staff who strive to make FMS both enjoyable and exciting for students, teachers, and parents.
Last year's events included
- STEAM Forward Convention
- Beauty and the Beast Musical
- school dances
- Academic enrichment support
- Several new clubs, and so much more.
This year we will continue our mission of making Middle School fun by focusing on more clubs, lunchtime events, after school events and enrichment, and possibly adding even more means of communication.
However, we cannot provide these many events without your
- PTO membership (starting at $15 per family) and
- Jag-a-thon (where students run to raise funds) donations.
The Jag-a-thon is our only PTO fundraiser for the year and will be held on Friday, September 23, 2016 during normal PE hours (weather permitting).
Come find out more about our PTO at our Jag-Walk table or PTO meetings.We generally meet once a month to discuss upcoming events.Our next meeting is September 13th at 6:30 pm inside the FMS library.Also, be sure to check our Facebook page, weekly PTO Blast for up-to-date information, and be sure designate FMS PTO on your Raley's Something Extra Rewards Program and help our school get rewards. For those of you who are Intel employees, we are enrolled in the Benevity Matching Gift Program and would greatly appreciate your volunteer hours.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Fabienne Johansson and Kiersten Brunt
PTO President and Co-President 2017-2018
FMS PTO webpage: https://www.fcusd.org/Page/13978
FMS PTO Weekly Blast: https://www.fcusd.org/Page/26374
Please "like" our FMS PTO Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/fms.pto?fref=ts
Congratulations to the newly elected 2017-2018 FMS PTO Board! We are excited for next year and your leadership. Thank you for your time and commitment.
• Co-President's: Fabienne Johansson and Kiersten Brunt
• Vice-President: Gerardo Martinez
• Secretary: Catrina Bojorquez
• Treasurer: Aletha Bowman
• Financial Secretary: Jenn Poggemann
• Parliamentarian: Dale Waldo
• Corresponding Secretary: Elisse Tweet
• Auditor: SEEKING VOLUNTEER
• Book Fair: Teresa Romero and Tiffani Giles
• Dance Chairs: Hemlata Khatwani (all grades), Lisa Tomiak & Kim Natusch (8th grade)
• Homework Club: Brenda Donegan
• Hospitality: SEEKING VOLUNTEER
• Jag-a-Thon: Cassondra Bender
• Jag-on-the-Green: SEEKING VOLUNTEER
• Jag-Walk: Fabienne Johansson
• Membership: Terry Gayles
• Jag-Bucks: SEEKING VOLUNTEER
• Communications/Blast/PTO Facebook Page: Nam Mishra
• Teacher Appreciation: SEEKING VOLUNTEER
• STEAM Convention: Taryn Rhodes
• 6th Grade Orientation: Annie Sick
• District Liason: Marjorie Peterson
• 8th Grade Promotion: Anitha Kumar, Hemlata Khatwani, and Cassondra Bender