High School Diploma
The High School Diploma Program (HSD) is for students earning credits toward a Folsom Cordova Unified School District, Adult Education diploma. The total number of credits needed to obtain an Adult Education High School Diploma is 200.
Folsom Cordova Adult School conducts a formal commencement ceremony every May. Students who graduate early may still particpate in graduation.
Bring a copy of your official transcript/s in a sealed, unopened envelope to your registration Appointment.
- Monday-Thursday 9:00-11:30am
- Monday-Thursday 6:00-8:30pm
- Monday-Thursday 9:00-3:00pm by appointment
- Wednesdays 6:00-8:30pm by appointment
- Tuesday/Thursday 5:30-8:30pm by appointment
- Wednesdays 5:00-6:00pm
- Monday-Thursday times vary
- Tutoring available online and in-person classes
Students are expected to attend every class session. There are no excused absences. Hours missed because of illness, tardiness, etc. are all considered absences. Please consult the course syllabus for specific information on attendance policy for your class.
Adult Education requires a minimum amount of hours students are expected to complete assignments while in class and at home. Please see class syllabus for specific pacing requirement.
All students are welcome to meet with the advisor for educational, college, or career planning and advising.
Students may contact our academic advisor, Mr. Gino Malkiewicz at (916) 294-9106 ext 840117 or send an email to email@example.com
Course Credits Required English 40 credits U.S. History 10 credits World History/Cultures 10 credits Government 5 credits Economics 5 credits Health 5 credits
Fine Arts OR Foreign Language OR
Career Technical Education
10 credits Algebra 10 credits Advanced Mathematics 10 credits Life Science 10 credits Physical Science 10 credits Electives 75 credits Total 200 credits
Credits towards meeting the graduation requirements may be awarded for the following:
1. Units transferred from colleges.
2. Credits transferred from public or private secondary schools.
3. Credits transferred from other Adult Schools.
4. Credits earned through dual enrollment in college classes (please see school counselor for more information).
Classes are FREE. There is no registration fee for the High School Diploma program.
There is a refundable $80 materials deposit fee for independent study only. This deposit is returned when the student returns the materials and finishes the class.