Read Across America Week: March, 2021
Happy Birthday to Dr. Seuss!
So great to see lots of crazy hair and clothes and books being read this week!
But, my favorite thing was this awesome chalk art homage to Cat in the Hat done by one of our hybrid 3rd Graders!
Read On, Rockets! <3
January 26, 2021
Reminder: The RVE Music Department continues to create content. Grades 4-5 have assigned teachers and Google Classrooms. But Grades TK-3 can have musical experiences, too!
New content is posted every Tuesday and Thursday!
To hang out in the “FCUSD Music Room”
Sing out, Rockets!
Who just won a National Blue Ribbon Award? YOU DID!!!
That's right! Riverview STEM Academy was just named a 2020 winner of this prestigous award. And, we won for Exemplary Achievemnet Gap Closing, too!
More cool information:
- This was the first year that RVE was eligible to be nominated
- RVE is one of only 34 elementary schools in all of California to win this year (out of all 5,887 elementary schools in CA)
This well-deserved award belongs to ALL of us: teachers, staff, students, families, and community partners. We ALL work hard every single day to support each other and do what needs done.
I could not be more proud to be a part of our amazing Rocket community.
If you want to see for yourself, go to:
Rock On, Rockets! <3
Riverview STEM Library is back!!!!!
Where to Start? Our school website (https://www.fcusd.org/rve) now has a Library tab on the top navigation bar. From there, you can:
- Learn how to Check-Out books- now up to 4 books at once for 2 weeks!
- Learn how to Pick up and Return books on Materials Pickup Days
- Catch up on News & Announcements
- Watch “How-to” videos: search the Destiny catalog, put a book on hold
- Watch videos of Mx. Kim’s read-alouds, funny holidays, & more
- Enter Reading Challenges and win prizes!
- Find links to other great resources: public library, virtual tours
- Mini-Lessons: Internet Safety, Genre Talks, Authoritative Sources
- Free Book Friday (see below for details)
Most of the online content will be an ongoing work in progress, so please check the Library tab weekly for updates. However, book check-out starts NOW!!!
Getting Started with Book Check-out
- Ask your teacher or Mx. Kim for your individual Destiny login information
- Go the Library tab
- Watch the videos on “how to search Destiny” & “how to put books on hold”
- Use your Destiny login to search the catalog and put books on hold by no later than Monday (2 days before Materials Pickup)
- Return your old books and pick up your new books on Materials Pickup Day
- Read, Read, Read, dance to your favorite song, eat a snack, wash your hands, then READ some more! Repeat daily for best results.
Free Book Friday (begins October 9th, 2020)
Do you need more books but money is tight? Mx. Kim often removes old books from the library collection to make room for new ones. These older books need new loving homes. Can you help?
Mx. Kim will join Ms. Marni during lunch pickup every Friday (11am - 1pm) and you can get a FREE book to own forever. Limit 1 book per Rocket per week until the books run out.
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions? Contact Mx. Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please help spread the word about library services to our Rocket families at Charter and those who may be low-digital users.
READ ON, ROCKETS!!!!