Good news, we are delighted to announce that FCUSD is allowing volunteers back on school sites again.
If you are a current/existing volunteer at Carl H. Sundahl - Is your volunteer paperwork up-to-date?
Contact Nicola Mayo email or call 916-294-2425 ext: 220115 to check if your TB certificate is current or expired (many have expired whilst we've been dealing with COVID). TB Clinics are available at our District Office, TB certificates are good for 4 years. TB X-rays do not expire, but a new questionnaire must be completed every four years. Present a copy of your COVID vaccination card and provided everything is up-to-date you'll be good to return to campus.
New Volunteers to Carl H. Sundahl:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Carl H. Sundahl Elementary. Please follow the instructions below to become a volunteer. Nicola Mayo - Parent Coordinator or office staff can answer any questions you may have regarding the volunteer process.
Requirements for volunteering are as follows:
- Complete CAT 2 Application Form (must be signed by both the volunteer and Principal).
- Review online the Volunteer Handbook, print and sign pages 20 & 22 (must be signed by both the volunteer and Principal). If you prefer a hardcopy, they are available at the FCUSD Education Services Center (address below), or request your school print a copy.
- Complete Live Scan (taken at their convenience).
- VALID TB (tests can be done at any medical clinic or physician’s office or through the FCUSD TB Clinic).
- COVID VAX CARD
- Head shot for a volunteer badge
- All volunteers will be required to follow FCUSD’s current masking and safety guidelines when volunteering on campus.
Once you’ve completed and signed the CAT 2 Volunteer Form and pages 20 & 22, drop them off in the school office, along with head shot for a volunteer badge, current TB certificate and COVID Vaccination card, District Office will then process accordingly. The Live Scan is to be taken at your convenience and a report will be sent directly from the DOJ to District Office, they will then advise the school site when you are cleared to volunteer on campus.
The Governing Board recognizes that volunteer assistance in schools can enrich the educational programs, increase supervision of students, and contribute to school safety while strengthening the schools'' relationships within the community. The Board encourages parents/guardians and other members of the community to share their time, knowledge, and abilities with students. (BP 1240).
FCUSD District Office - 1965 Birkmont Drive, Rancho Cordova, Monday-Friday between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm