Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Carl Sundahl Elementary. Please follow the instructions below to become a volunteer, the Parent Coordinator or front office staff can answer any questions you may have regarding the volunteer process.
Please follow the instructions below to get started:
2. Complete the Volunteer Form (Category 2) and turn in at the school office, along with a current TB test and the printed pages 20 and 22 from the Volunteer Handbook. The Principal will review and sign. TB Testing can be carried out either by your own doctor or through our monthly FCUSD TB Clinic. If you have tested positive for TB, please provide a chest x-ray and complete the TB Questionnaire.
3. Pick up the Volunteer Form from the school office once the Principal has approved the application.
4. Make an appointment ONLINE to be fingerprinted.
5. Take the following to your fingerprinting appointment:
- California Driver License
- Completed CAT 2 Volunteer Application signed by the Principal
- Fingerprint fees in cash or credit card ($25 or $42 if lived out of California in the past 5 years)
- Current TB clearance (If X-ray, you need clearance certificate from Health Programs, FCUSD Education Services Center).
You will also have a photo taken at FCUSD Education Services Center for your volunteer badge. Once cleared, Carl Sundahl will receive your badge indicating you are cleared to volunteer. The Parent Coordinator will notify you accordingly.
FCUSD Education Services Center
1965 Birkmont Drive, Rancho Cordova, 95742
Phone: (916) 294 9000
Office hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
The Governing Board recognizes that volunteer assistance in schools can enrich the educational programs, increase supervision of students, and contribute to school safety while strengthening the schools' relationships within the community. The Board encourages parents/guardians and other members of the community to share their time, knowledge and abilities with students (BP 1240).