Hello! My name is Heidi Staggs, and I will be teaching 6th and 8th grade English this year. Our classroom is room 303. It is located in the "two-story building," on the second story. I am brand new to the Folsom Cordova school district as I just moved to El Dorado Hills a couple of months ago. I came from a small city in the East Bay called Clayton, which is near Walnut Creek and Concord. My husband and I wanted a change from the Bay Area and El Dorado Hills and Folsom were the two cities we really loved, so I am getting the best of both worlds, living in one and working in the other. I have been teaching for quite a long time and have taught almost every grade between TK and 8th grade. And, I can easily admit, working with middle school students is by far my favorite. I have two kids; my son is going into 6th grade and my daughter is going into 4th. Though my summer felt like it flew by, with moving and trying to get settled in, I am really excited that school is already starting next week. I have heard great things about Folsom schools, especially Folsom Middle, and I am looking forward to seeing your faces and meeting you. If you're an incoming 6th grader, you may be feeling a little anxious or nervous about the first day. I want you to know that we have a really special first day planned just for you to help you feel safe and welcome to your new school.
Below, I have made a list of supplies for my class in case you want to purchase any of it early, but you are more than welcome to wait for the first week when you get all your other teachers' lists. All of the supplies below will stay in your backpack, except the notebook. That will stay in the classroom on most days. Also, I have plenty of supplies in the classroom (except for the notebook) in case you are unable to purchase any of the items.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. The best way to reach me is via email; I typically respond within 24 hours. This year is going to be filled with great memories!
Necessary Supplies for 2019-2020
* pencils - at least 3 at all times (mechanical pencils are fine so long as you have extra lead)
* black or blue pens - at least 2
* glue stick
* colored pencils
* highlighters - 4 different colors
* dry erase marker -at least 2, black and any other color
* one 5-subject spiral notebook -wide or college ruled (this stays in the classroom)
* old, clean sock (to be used as an eraser for whiteboards) - you won't need this if your dry erase marker comes with an eraser on it
* hand held pencil sharpener (with shaving catcher)
* colored pens or fine tip markers or Sharpies
* mini stapler