Welcome to the Chesnut AGsperience!
Hello and welcome to my classroom website! My name is Ms. Holly Chesnut, but everyone usually addresses me simply as Chesnut. I am so excited to be joining the Cordova High Agriculture department! I look forward to bringing my high energy, hands on, unique teaching style to the students at Cordova. Go Lancers!
All of my courses utilize google classroom and the remind app, information for each class period is listed below. Please note** only join the class period that you are enrolled in.
Google Classroom Codes
Period 1 Sustainable Agriculture Biology:o7b12mx
Period 2 Sustainable Agriculture Biology:5kucow1
Period 3 Sustainable Agriculture Biology:i7pkth0
Period 4 Sustainable Agriculture Biology:9lba616
Period 7 Animal Science:7qx4ezj
Remind App Code For Students
Sustainable Agriculture Biology: @cagbio
Animal Science: @canisci
Our first FFA Meeting of the year will be held August 28th at 3pm in room H203!! Come meet your officer team, hear about our theme for the year, get some snacks and help us kick off the year right, all while earning an activity point! Remember, you need 3 activityt points per semester. Look forward to seeing you there!
Areas of Instruction
In the 2019-2020 school year I will be instructing the following courses:
* Sustainable Agriculture Biology
* Animal Science 1 (Introduction to Animal Science and Anatomy)
* Animal Science 2 (Veterinary Science, Nutrition and Management)
Donations are always appreciated
The following are items that we commonly go through during the school year. I try to provide a class set, but donations are always greatly appreciated in these consumables.
- Art supplies (markers, colored pencils, glue sticks, scissors)
- Clorox wipes
- Kleenex tissues
- Sticky notes
- Construction paper- white or colored
- Easel Pad paper (work great for poster projects)
Degrees and Certifications:
Education University of Nevada, Reno B.S. Agriculture Science Emphasis on Rangeland Management & WIldlife Ecology Teachers College of San Joaquin Credential in Agriculture Education M.A. in STEM Education (in progress)
My door is always open to students, parents and staff. I like to bring the real world into my classroom as much as possible teach through realia and hands on instruction. My classes are rigorous yet exciting and I ty to inspire a sense of wonder in all my students. We will discuss concepts as they pertain to agriculture as well as STEM in an investigative environment. All of my classes will be centered around Google Classroom, links can be found in the "helpful links" tab.
Some fun facts about me:
- I have worked as a mechanical bull operator
- Raise cattle and rabbits
- FFA American Degree recipient
- Family has been farming same land for 100+ years
- I love ALL music from heavy metal to opera to gangster rap and everything in between
- Tacos are life
- I have pet cats and chickens(and yes, each chicken has her own name)
- I play in an adult volleyball and softball league and live for weight lifting in the gym.