Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Educational Equity
DEPARTMENT VISION STATEMENTThrough an intentional, equitable, and culturally responsive focus on social, emotional, and academic learning, FCUSD schools will create culturally literate and engaging learning environments where students, families, and staff feel cared for, connected, respected, and inspired.Department Mission
- Eliminate predictability of achievement and engagement gaps based on student's race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location, socioeconomic background, language, immigration status, religion, or other characteristics, and any other marginalized groups (board policy number reference 5143.5).
- Promote cultural literacy through Transformative Social Emotional Learning (T-SEL) in order to build student resilience and prepare students for life and work in diverse communities.
- Create conditions and remove barriers to T-SEL so that students, staff, and families can bring their whole selves to our schools and district departments.
- Utilizing improvement science, collecting and analyzing data to drive decisions about SEL implementation to support student learning.
- Amplify student and family voices as leaders, problem solvers, and decision-makers.
- Partner with district departments to integrate T-SEL into day-to-day academic instruction and district functions.
Hispanic Heritage Month
Filipino American History Month
LGBT History Month
American Indian & Alaska Native Heritage Month
California Sikh American Awareness & Appreciation Month
National Black History Month
Disability Awareness Month
National Women's History Month
Arab American Heritage Month
Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month