Welcome to Beginning Composition! I am excited to have you in my class.
Beginning Composition is a mandatory introductory writing course for 9th grade students at Vista - it will lay the foundation for the rest of your English classes in high school and beyond.
Essay Writing Types
Unit One: Argumentation
Unit Two: Narrative
Unit Three: Informative
Unit Four: Synthesis, On-Demand Writing
Most of our class information will be found on our Google Classroom. Parents - please contact me if you are interested in receiving auto-updates from our Google Classroom.
Welcome to Vista del Lago High School and Beginning Composition!
E-mail me: email@example.com
Fall 2018 Schedule
1st Block: Prep
2nd Block: Beginning Composition
3rd Block: Beginning Composition
4th Block: Beginning Composition
MATERIALS: The suggested materials list includes:
- a blue or black pen
- sharpened pencil with eraser
- red pen (not a crayon, marker, pencil, or highlighter) for correcting only
- binder with loose-leaf paper AND 5 dividers,
- workbook if assigned (Not applicable yet),
- school agenda/planner
- Flash Cards - (You can always cut them in half to make them last longer.)
- If you are not able to obtain these items, please contact me IMMEDIATELY!
- Final drafts of writing assignments and reports must be word-processed.