Upcoming Assignments/Due Dates
All details/assignment pages are located on Google Classroom.
NEW UNIT: Dreams and Aspirations
-The Necklace Close Read: W LT 1: Claim 4/4/19
-Caged Bird: W LT 3: Analysis 4/8/19
-Only Daughter: W LT 2: Evidence 4/10/19
- Summative Unit 3 test: 4/11/19
Welcome to English 9! I am excited to have you in my class.
English 9 is the mandatory course for 9th grade students at Vista in order to graduate.
Unit One: Leadership - various short stories
Unit Two: Empathy - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Unit Three: Dreams and Aspirations - Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Unit Four: All for Love - Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare
Much of our class information will be found on our Google Classroom OR on Study Sync. Parents - please contact me if you are interested in receiving auto-updates from our Google Classroom.
Welcome to Vista del Lago High School and English 9!
E-mail me: email@example.com
Spring 2019 Schedule
1st Block: English 9 - H-103
2nd Block: English 9 - H-103
3rd Block: English 9 - G-105
4th Block: Prep
MATERIALS: The suggested materials list includes:
- a blue or black pen
- sharpened pencil with eraser
- red pen (not a crayon, marker, pencil, or highlighter) for correcting only
- binder with loose-leaf paper AND 5 dividers,
- workbook if assigned (Not applicable yet),
- school agenda/planner
- Flash Cards - (You can always cut them in half to make them last longer.)
- If you are not able to obtain these items, please contact me IMMEDIATELY!
- Final drafts of writing assignments and reports must be word-processed.