Upcoming Assignments/Due Dates
All details/assignment pages are located on Google Classroom.
Please note that dates are subject to change.
UNIT 1: Argument
Formative Ted Talk Appeals: TR 8/22/19
Formative Rhetorical Appeals: T 8/27/19
Formative Precis: TR 8/29/19
Roots #1 Quiz: FRI 8/30/19
Summative Argumentative Essay: FRI 9/13/19
Welcome to Vista del Lago! I am excited to have you in my class.
Beginning Composition is a introductory writing course for 9th grade students at Vista
The class focuses on Argument Centered Writing –every piece of writing is an argument that the author is advancing to the reader.
Unit 1: Argument
Unit 2: This I Believe
Unit 3: Press Play
Unit 4: On-Demand Writing
Much of our class information will be found on our Google Classroom. Parents - please contact me if you are interested in receiving auto-updates from our Google Classroom.
Welcome to Vista del Lago High School and Beginning Composition!
E-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2019 Schedule
1st Block: Prep
2nd Block: Beginning Composition - G-105
3rd Block: Beginning Composition - G-105
4th Block: Beginning Composition - G-105
MATERIALS: The suggested materials list includes:
- a blue or black pen
- sharpened pencil with eraser
- red pen (not a crayon, marker, pencil, or highlighter) for correcting only
- binder with loose-leaf paper AND 5 dividers,
- workbook if assigned (Not applicable yet),
- school agenda/planner
- Flash Cards - (You can always cut them in half to make them last longer.)
- If you are not able to obtain these items, please contact me IMMEDIATELY!
- Final drafts of writing assignments and reports must be word-processed.