Thank you to all participants
in Law Enforcement's
Rescue Task Force Active Shooter
During July 2019, FCUSD was fortunate to participate in Active Shooter Rescue Task Force full-scale exercises with Rancho Cordova Police Department, Sacramento County Sheriff's Department, and Folsom Police Department. The goal of these exercises was to provide fundamental training to first responders so they can effectively respond to and manage a large scale active shooter or mass casualty event. Assembly Bill 1593 mandates that multiple disciplines including law enforcement and fire personnel collaborate and train together in preparation for these critical incidents. The district collaborated with law enforcement to use their training as opportunities to drill and learn alongside their process.
In addition to expressing great respect for those who dedicate their lives to public safety and respond to our calls for help, it is equally important to express sincere thanks to every person who volunteered and worked to support these important training opportunities. Learning from first responder teams while we practiced district response procedures was a priceless experience that we are grateful for, as working together strengthens our community and prepares us for various types of emergencies.
The mission of Folsom Cordova Unified School District's Risk Management Program is to establish a safe environment for our students, staff, and community while supporting the District's commitment to providing excellence in educational programs. The main objectives are to apply the most effective use of resources, minimize exposure to loss, and maintain compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
Contact me for help with:
- Safety Committee
- Certificates of Insurance (COIs)
- School-Connected Organizations - PTA, PTO, & Booster Clubs
- Field Trip Authorization forms
- Injury & Illness Prevention Plan
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Student Accident Insurance Coverage
- Emergency Procedures
- Student Threat Assessment
- Insurance / Liability / Risk Management matters
With sincere appreciation for our collective efforts toward strengthening our schools and community, js
- Safety Committee
Coming on campus to provide a product or service?
Here are the insurance requirements and instructions.
A Certificate of Insurance (COI) with additional insured endorsement is required.
Prior to an event, all vendors/service businesses are required to provide Folsom Cordova Unified School District with the following:
- Certificate of Insurance naming Folsom Cordova Unified School District as the Certificate Holder and Additional Insured with $1,000,000 of General Liability coverage per occurrence
- the additional endorsement page
A Certificate of Insurance is necessary from those performing/providing a service or equipment for an event (such as food vendors, performers, assemblies, mobile labs/classrooms, etc.). Please give your insurance agent this information and provide the two items listed above. The COI cannot just have FCUSD in the “Description of Operations” section. The additional endorsement is required.
Send the Certificate of Insurance with additional endorsement to:
Folsom Cordova Unified School District
1965 Birkmont Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Attn.: Business Services Department
* To be added to our list of currently insured for all sites to use, omit the specific event name/date of the event in the description. COIs with the district named as above will be on file for use at all sites until expired.
Fulfillment of this requirement is a condition of being able to participate in district events. If you have questions, please contact Jennifer Serran.