Rescue Task Force
April 6, 2020 * 8:00am – 4:30pm
Cordova High School
2239 Chase Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA
ROLE PLAYERS NEEDED!
Staff and Students 16+
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office, Rancho Cordova Police Department, Sacramento Metropolitan Fire Department, and Folsom Cordova Unified School District will be conducting a Full-Scale Exercise for Active Shooter Rescue Task Force on Monday, April 6, 2020, at Cordova High School. The goal of this exercise is to provide fundamental training to first responders so they can effectively respond to and manage a large scale active shooter and mass casualty event. Assembly Bill 1598 mandates that multiple disciplines including law enforcement and fire personnel collaborate and train together in preparation for these critical incidents. This is a rare opportunity to take part in.
People 16 years of age and over are needed to participate as role players in this training.
Role players will be instructed and staged to evacuate/sprint in various realistic scenarios. Anticipate intermittent high levels of noise, as law enforcement will be using blanks.
In order to participate, you must:
Pre-register online: Role Player registration
1. Completed and signed Role Player waiver
2. Photo ID: Government-issued photo ID for 18+, school ID acceptable for 16 & 17 years of age
1. Closed-toe athletic shoes (no flip-flops, no sandals)
2. Clear eyewear/sunglasses
3. FCUSD dress code compliant clothing
Check-in at 7:30am (Instructions to check-in area will be emailed before.)
- Prior to and/or throughout the day:
- Waivers will be collected
- Identification will be verified
- Security checks will be conducted
- Wear comfortable clothing that complies with school district dress code policies. This event will take place both inside and outside. Sunscreen is recommended.
- Eyewear is necessary for your protection.
- Soft ear protection will be available.
- To reduce waste, a water bottle filling station is available.
* The entire Cordova High School campus will be closed
to non-participants on April 6th. *
Questions? Contact Jennifer Serran
(916) 294-9000 x 104552
Thank you to all of our
PTAs, PTOs, and Booster Clubs!
School-Connected Organizations are essential partners in education. PTAs, PTOs, and Booster Clubs add significant opportunities and resources to our schools. The Folsom Cordova Unified School District is thankful for all that school-connected organizations do to enhance and strengthen the student experience.
The School-Connected Organizations Handbook was created in collaboration with multiple district departments including Fiscal, Purchasing, Facilities, Athletics, Human Resources, and Business Services to provide information to groups about standard operating procedures. Guidelines for financial procedures and liability protection are included, as well as forms and template examples. Completing the processes outlined will help ensure compliance with BP and AR 1230 and establish efficient coordination for all involved.
Please check PTAs, PTOs & Boosters link in the left margin or contact the Business Services Department at (916) 294-9004 for help with questions.
The Folsom Cordova Unified School District sincerely appreciates your time, energy, and commitment toward making your school the best it can be!
The mission of Folsom Cordova Unified School District's Risk Management Program is to establish a safe environment for our students, staff, and community while supporting the District's commitment to providing excellence in educational programs. The main objectives are to apply the most effective use of resources, minimize exposure to loss, and maintain compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
Contact me for help with:
- Safety Committee
- Comprehensive School Safety Plans
- Certificates of Insurance (COIs)
- School-Connected Organizations - PTA, PTO, & Booster Clubs
- Field Trip Authorization forms
- Injury & Illness Prevention Plan
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Student Accident Insurance Coverage
- Emergency Procedures
- Student Threat Assessment
- Insurance / Liability / Risk Management matters
With sincere appreciation for our collective efforts toward strengthening our schools and community, js
- Safety Committee
Coming on campus to provide a product or service?
Here are the insurance requirements and instructions.
A Certificate of Insurance (COI) with additional insured endorsement is required.
Prior to an event, all vendors/service businesses/organizations are required to provide Folsom Cordova Unified School District with the following:
- Certificate of Insurance naming Folsom Cordova Unified School District as the Certificate Holder and Additional Insured with $1,000,000 of General Liability coverage per occurrence
- the additional insured endorsement page(s)
A Certificate of Insurance is necessary from those performing/providing a service or equipment for an event (such as food vendors, performers, assemblies, mobile labs/classrooms, etc.). Please give your insurance agent this information and provide the two items listed above. The COI cannot just have FCUSD in the “Description of Operations” section. The additional insured endorsement page(s) are required.
Send the Certificate of Insurance with additional endorsement to:
Folsom Cordova Unified School District
1965 Birkmont Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Attn.: Business Services Department
* COIs will be on file for use at all sites until expired.
Fulfillment of this requirement is a condition of being able to participate in district events. If you have questions, please contact Jennifer Serran.