Welcome to Risk Management
The mission of Folsom Cordova Unified School District's Risk Management Program is to establish a safe environment for our students, staff, and community while supporting the District's commitment to providing excellence in educational programs. The main objectives are to apply the most effective use of resources, minimize exposure to loss, and maintain compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Insurance / Liability / Risk Management
- Safety Committee
- Certificates of Insurance
- School-Connected Organizations
- Field Trip Authorization Forms
- Injury & Illness Prevention Plan
- Student Accident Insurance Coverage
- PublicSchoolWORKS Training Link
Sheryl Sharp, Risk Management Specialist, Business Services
Coming to our campus to provide a service?
A Certificate of Insurance (COI) with additional insured endorsement is required.
Prior to an event, all vendors/service businesses/organizations are required to provide Folsom Cordova Unified School District with a Certificate of Insurance.
- Food Truck/Vendors
- Job-Fair Vendors
- Performers / Entertainers
- After-school Enrichment Classes
- Mobile Labs/Classrooms
- *others that may not be listed
Please request a Certificate of Insurance from your insurance provider with the following information:
- Certificate of Insurance naming Folsom Cordova Unified School District as the Certificate Holder and Additional Insured with $2,000,000 of General Liability coverage per occurrence
- Workers' Compensation, no less than $1,000,000
- Folsom Cordova Unified must be named on an additional insured endorsement page(s)
**For direct interaction with students (alone, one-on-one) - $5,000,000 in sexual abuse/molestation coverage is also required.
Send the Certificate of Insurance with additional endorsement to:
Folsom Cordova Unified School District
1965 Birkmont Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Attn.: Business Services Department
* Fullfillment of this requirement is a condition of being able to participate in District events. COIs will be on file until they expire.
Thank you PTAs, PTOs, and Booster Clubs!
School-Connected Organizations are essential partners in education. PTAs, PTOs, and Booster Clubs add significant opportunities and resources to our schools. The Folsom Cordova Unified School District is thankful for all that school-connected organizations do to enhance and strengthen the student experience.
The School-Connected Organizations Regulation Book was created in collaboration with multiple district departments, including Fiscal, Purchasing, Facilities, Athletics, Human Resources, and Business Services to provide information to groups about standard operating procedures. Guidelines for financial procedures and liability protection are included, as well as forms and template examples. Completing the processes outlined will help ensure compliance with BP and AR 1230 and establish efficient coordination for all involved.
Please check PTAs, PTOs & Boosters link in the left margin for more information or contact the Business Services Department at (916) 294-9004 with questions.
The Folsom Cordova Unified School District appreciates your time, energy, and commitment toward making your school the best it can be!
~ COVID-19 Safety Plan ~
Staff and student health and safety are top priorities at Folsom Cordova Unified School District. We are continuously working to minimize harm from and exposure to coronavirus. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan is developed with guidelines from public health, local/state agencies, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Cal/OSHA. District procedures are not exhaustive and will be adjusted as guidelines change with the evolving situation. A concentrated effort from everyone will help to achieve our goals for safe and healthy schools.