Curriculum and Instruction
Curriculum & Instruction
Provide support for teachers, administrators and families
in order to facilitate at or above grade level learning for
ALL students while simultaneously continuing to
promote social-emotional development.
Curriculum & Instrution
To ensure ALL students are able to function within a culturally diverse society and excel in a global arena, the Curriculum and Instruction team collaborates to promote high levels of
student learning and the creation of safe learning environments by providing support for:
- equitable grade-level (or above) curricular access for ALL students
- the implementation of rigorous curriculum and coursework that is both challenging and engaging
- Including the promotion of opportunities, programs and strategies for intervention and remediation (RTI2)
- well-prepared and effective instruction through the delivery of professional development on research affirmed practices
- the establishment and implementation of shared success-criteria (mastery) that is common across the district
- the development and analysis of district-designed common assessment(s) that support the essential learning agreed upon in the same course across the district
- the use of data to drive both instruction and professional development
- the alignment of student performance to subject area standards (e.g. standards based grading).
- families to develop predispositions for lifelong learning by supplying resources and educational opportunities
Jim Huber, Ed. D.
Director, Curriculum and Instruction