Instructional Assistant Training Program
Career Technical Education--Prepare for the Workforce
Become a Teacher Assistant
Job Training! FCUSD's educational teams need well-trained Instructional Assistants (IA's) working in our schools. To help meet the growing demand for instructional assistant positions, Folsom Cordova Adult School is offering a 60 hour IA Training program with a certificate of completion.
Topics covered include:
- Role and responsibilities of an IA
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and Special Education
- Workplace Communication
- Job Readiness and Soft Skills in the workplace
- ESSA (formally NCLB) Test Preparation in English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Writing
- Employment portfolio
- Resume and cover letter development and IA Interviewing Skills
- Assistance applying for positions on Edjoin
Tuesday-Thursday, 10 weeks
March 3, 2020 - May 14, 2020
Call 916-294-9106 for information on enrollment and to attend an orientation and assessment appointment.