Welcome to Ms. Brown's Class!
The best way to contact me is by email. I make every effort to get back to students and parents within 24 hours. Thank you!
Hello to students and parents 2020/2021!
I genuinely welcome your communication. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have throughout the year. We are a team and I am here to help make sure students are able to do their best in English class!
- 6th graders click the "English 6 2020/2021" link and 8th graders click the "English 8 2020/2021" to the left of this page for a list of current and past assignments and a few course materials for reference, but please see Google Classroom for all course documents, announcements, and to view and complete assignments.
- Remember to ask for help if you do not understand something! If you need help and would like to schedule an individual meeting during asynchronous learning time, please email me with the day and time you wish to meet. I am also avaliable daily Tuesday-Friday from 11:30-12:00 during Student Activities/Intervention time (see instructions for how to join in Google Classroom).
- Check your email daily, and check Google Classroom and my website OFTEN for your weekly agenda, assignments and other necessary information. Work will be assigned through Google Classroom. Keep track of your assignments and turn them in on time.
- The best way you can help your student stay on track this year is to check PowerSchool and Google Classroom regularly. These are tools that will greatly help ensure you and your student are aware of what is due, how they are doing, and what they can do to improve.
- I have invited all parents by email to have access to viewing our Google Classroom to help support your student. If you would like to have access and need me to send the invitation again, please email me.
- Click the "English 6 2020/2021" or "English 8 2020/2021" to the left of this page for a list of current and past assignments and a few course materials for reference.
Please note, participants may not record or take pictures during video lessons for student safety. Additionally, no one is allowed to download recordings without the permission of the teacher and Folsom Cordova Unified School District.
California Education Code section 51512