YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!Thank you for your interest in volunteering to support students and programs at Vista del Lago High School! Volunteers who work directly with students are required to complete an application process.Clearance is required by FCUSD for all parent and community volunteers who will be working directly with students. Examples are: After School Clubs, Coaches, Performing Arts Programs, Special Events, Field Trips, Classroom Volunteers. All volunteers are required to read the volunteer handbook found on this district Human Resources webpage.The Basics:
- Category 1 clearance is required if you will be working with students, but will be supervised at all times by a staff member. The steps are:
- Fill out Category 1 Volunteer Application after reading information in Volunteer Handbook
- Obtain a TB clearance and provide a copy your driver's license or other formal ID
- Turn in items 1 & 2 to Mrs. Calderwood in the Career Center.
- Upon Principal's approval, Category 1 Clearance is granted and volunteer will be notified of clearance approval
- Category 2 clearance is required if you will be alone with students at any time. The steps are:
Use of Personal Car:
- Fill out Category 2 Volunteer Application after reading information in Volunteer Handbook
- Obtain a TB clearance and provide a hard copies of the clearance with a copy of your driver's license or other formal ID
- Turn in items 1 & 2 to Mrs. Calderwood in the Career Center
- After Principal's approval, volunteer will pick up paperwork and contact Stephanie Petzold (916-294-9000 ext. 104409) in the FCUSD Human Resources Department to set up an appointment for fingerprinting and having a photo taken. The fingerprinting costs $25, plus an additional $17 if you have lived outside of California in the last 5 years. If you have been fingerprinted for another FCUSD site, your clearance may be on file and you may not have to get fingerprinted a second time. Check with Mrs. Calderwood to see if you are on a cleared list from another school.
- Once Dept. of Justice/FBI clearance is returned (about 2 weeks after fingerprinting), the district office will send badge to Vista del Lago and volunteer will be notified of clearance approval.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Calderwood in the College/Career Center
- If you will be driving your own car while volunteering, or driving students, the following paperwork must be completed: