Dear Gold Ridge Family,
You are amazing.
When the coronavirus pandemic hit, you came together in wonderful ways to support each other and begin the process of learning remotely.
You learned to navigate Schoology, submit assignments on Google Classroom, and visit with your teacher on video calls.
You showed great patience as the school rolled out distance learning, supported each other to access resources, and built a new school community online.
You retooled instructional practices literally overnight. You worked together to master new technology. And you kept your sense of humor.
As the school year draws to a close, let’s draw on the memories of the learning and fun we had together to help keep us connected. Some of my favorites were:
- “Kindness Starts with One” Friendship Week when we searched for hidden “Dots” scattered around campus and did random acts of kindness for each other.
- Monthly character education assemblies where we learned about problem solving, good sportsmanship, and compassion. Oh, and don’t forget the visits to the Eagle Store.
- Programs like A Touch of Understanding and Eagle Friends that taught empathy and supported our friends with Autism.
- Hands on science investigations from Amplify, Mystery Science, and 3E Science.
- PTA sponsored activities that brought parents and fun to campus like the Extreme Eagle Escape, Winter Wonderland, and Eagles Art.
- Opportunities to challenge yourself academically like the Spelling Bee, Math Bowl, and Science Fair.
Keep your Eagle Spirit strong this summer.
We can’t wait to see you back at school!