Digital Learning ActivitiesThis is link to a list of activities you can do with your children. Digital Learning Activities
Activities if you have access to the internet. I tried to also include activities that you could do without the use of computers.
· Lexia (through Clever, look on school website on the left side to access Clever)
· I-Ready Reading (through Clever, look on school website on the left side to access Clever)
· Read a book and create a book jacket or "movie" poster
· Typing Club, Nitro Type (through Clever, look on school website on the left side to access Clever)
· Dreamscape (through Clever, look on school website on the left side to access Clever)
· https://newsela.com/ Find an article that interests you or your child and read it. Discuss what the main idea of the article was and how they know it. What were some key details that prove that the main idea?
· I-Ready Math Lessons (through Clever, look on school website on the left side to access Clever)
· Xtra Math (Math fact practice) (through Clever, look on school website on the left side to access Clever)
· Practice math facts using flash cards
· Go to https://www.math-aids.com/to find worksheets to practice fractions, multiplication, division, place value
· Student Textbook is available on Powerschool, students may review or practice any chapters in the book from 1-11. Students know their usernames/password
· Khan Academy (through Clever, look on school website on the left side to access Clever)
· In Google Classroom, I changed the name of one class to “Science” and there are a few assignments that students can work on.
· Have students perform an experiment on the water cycle such as this one https://www.adabofgluewilldo.com/water-cycle-bottle-science-experiment/
· Students can also complete some of these Mystery Science lessons via the following links
o All Digital Lessons (15- 30 minutes each)
o Full Lessons (45-90 minutes each)/with hands-on activities
Why would a hawk move to New York City?
Why did the dinosaurs go extinct?
Why do the stars change with the seasons?
How much water is in the world?
When you turn on the faucet, where does the water come from?
Here is the link for multiple grade levels if you have other kids. https://mysteryscience.com/school-closure-planning
· Continue to practice your instrument
· Look for videos on YouTube on rainy days, find a yoga for kids or other kid friendly dance videos
· Go outside for a walk or a jog
· Take a trip to the river and do a short (or long) hike. Have child talk about how the environment works, the food web, or plants.Welcome to Fifth Grade! My name is Jennifer Neuenfeld and this is my fourth year in FCUSD. I previously taught at Cordova Meadows in the 5th grade. I love working with fifth graders and I look forward to meeting everyone. I taught previously for the Twin Rivers School District in, working in 5th and 6th grade classrooms.
Mrs. Neuenfeld5th Grade TeacherRancho Cordova Elementary School5th GradeRoom 16Office Hours 2:45-3:45 PM Monday-Wednesday and FridayEmail me anytime- email@example.comPhone Number- 916-294-9165 ext 640216