Adult Basic Education (ABE)
The Adult Basic Education program provides instruction for students to build academic skills in reading, writing, vocabulary development, and mathematics.The ABE program serves:
- Tuesday-Thursday 6:00-8:30pm
ABE class uses research-based teaching methods to build reading, writing, math, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills in a blended learning environment. Placement is based on the students California Adult School Assessment System (CASAS) assessment score of 220-235. The results help to determine if this class is the best fit.
- Students whose academic skills are below the 9th grade level.
- Basic skills remediation and to prepare students for entering college, career training, or the workforce.
- Pre-HiSET®: students who want to pass the HiSET® battery of exams but need to remediate in basics skills first.
- Students transitioning from Advanced ESL.