Welcome to Room 15, second grade. We are going to have a great year, learning and exploring!Distance Learning presents challenges but we will use our Growth Mindset and meet the challenges.Things to have at home to prepare for Distance Learning:
Wish list for Mrs. Neria:
- work space free from distractions
- headphones with a mic to help block out distractions during video meetings
- gallon size zip-lock bags
- little toys, bookmarks, or trinkets for our prize box. Choose things your child would like to find in the prize box.
- ream of cardstock, white or colored
- ream of colored 20lb. paper
Thank you in advance for your support!!
Mrs. Neria2nd Grade TeacherPreferred method of contact:Contact me through See Saw messaging, or email me at:Hi Everyone!My name is Shelley Neria. This is my 14th year teaching, and my 8th year at Folsom Hills! I have taught just about every grade level K-6, but I love the primary grades, especially 2nd grade! There's just something special about 2nd graders. I love their eagerness to learn and explore, their great attitudes, and their sense of humor. I also love to teach reading and 2nd graders are at that sweet spot where they start to transition from learning to read to reading to learn.I have two college-aged children, Emily and Jack. Mr. Neria and I keep from feeling lonely in our empty nest by playing with our adorable dog, Mulligan. I love reading books, walking Mulligan on Folsom's beautiful trails, having coffee with friends and visiting the ocean whenever possible.