Montessori Program: Carl Sundahl Elementary
"Children learn by doing" is the basis for the Montessori philosophy. Children develop critical thinking skills, independent thought, and the satisfaction of conquering academic challenges by learning how to make good choices.Montessori means...
2023-2024 Montessori Application (available Wednesday, January 11th) to download or pick up from the office. PLEASE NOTE, THE CLASSES ARE FULL FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR, WITH AN EXTENSIVE WAITLIST.Montessori Information Night will be held on Tuesday, January 24th from 4pm-5pm, in room 3.
- Providing lessons that naturally build the child's ability to focus and concentrate for their studies.
- A "Hands on Approach" with concrete materials that helps children understand abstract concepts.
- A prepared environment that provides educational and intellectual exploration. The environment accommodates movement, discussion, and the use of engaging activities.
- A Montessori teacher trained in classroom management techniques that direct the child to use exciting and developmentally appropriate materials for optimal learning and understanding.
- A Montessori teacher trained to guide the students toward developing the skills needed for study, research and independence.
The Montessori PreSchool Program has a monthly fee of $300. The Montessori TK and Kindergarten classes are free of charge.
- Applications will be available to either download or pick up from Wednesday, January 11th.
- Applications are due Monday, January 30th.
- Lottery by Friday, February 10th.
- Families notified February 17th.
- Full commitment by Friday, February 24th.
- Once a full commitment has been made by the family, and the $150 non-refundable application fee has been paid, they will receive registration paperwork.