• Do you need a Work Permit?

    See requirements below.

    If you are under 18, you need a work permit. Give yourself at least 2 days to get the permit. 

    What do you need to do?

    1. Get hired! (Congratulations!) 

    2. Once you are hired, fill out the Work Permit Application, including the employer section.

    (Download it HEREhttps://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/dlseformb1-1.pdf OR email Ms. Stubbs and she will send you a copy)

    Do not worry about filling out the bottom square section.

    If you can't print, don't worry! Fill out as much as you can and email Ms. Stubbs.

     3. Email your COMPLETED form to Ms. Stubbs


    An example email: "Hi Ms. Jessica, My name is _____ and I have attached my work permit. Thank you!"

     4. Ms. Jessica will email you your signed, official work permit.

     5. Give your employer the work permit. Congratulations! 

    Work Permit Qualifications:

    ·       Must have a 2.0 GPA

    ·       Must have less than 10 excused absences

    ·       Unexcused absences must be cleared before a work permit can be issued

    ·       Cannot have more than 10 late/tardy

    ·       Behavior must be in good standing


    ·       Grades will be checked on a monthly basis

    ·       Attendance will be checked on a monthly basis

    ·       Behavior will be decided on the vice principals discretion

    Follow up:

    ·       If grades or attendance drop below the minimum requirement the student will be placed on a contract for 30 days

    ·       If student does not abide the contract the work permit will be terminated

    ·       The work permit can be taken at any time at the discretion of the vice principals

    ·       Student will have to wait until the next grading period to reapply for the permit


    1)  Have the letter ready when you meet with the student.  Explain the reason why the permit is being revoked and let them know she may be eligible at the end of the school year to work again if the following items are satisfied: School attendance, 2.0 GPA, and the behavior is satisfactory.

    2) Contact the parent after you've met with the student.  The parents and/or student may beg and plead to remain working but the Work Permit has requirements that must be met according to the State of CA.  School is their main job and graduation is the objective.

    3) Contact the employer and mail out the notice.