Kickin' Cancer!What's our mission?Our mission is to support and put a smile on the face of families in the community who have relatives that are fighting cancer.What have we done in the Past?
We hope you join us in doing great things for more kids in our community this year!
- We hosted the Pennies for Patients fundraiser at Vista and raised over $1,000!
- We joined Garrett's (a boy we helped in 2013) team at the Light the Night Walk put on by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We raised over $400 and had a blast walking! (Here is a link for a video from the walk Light the Night).
- We gifted Tyler, a brave 12-year-old boy fighting cancer, a brand new Xbox One and treated his brother and dad to a San Francisco 49ers game. They had great seats and had a blast at the game!
- We teamed up with Sweet Dreams Foundation to give Taylor, an inspirational 11-year-old fighting Leukemia, her dream bedroom (Check out her safari teen room reveal here).
- We wrote many inspirational cards for kids fighting cancer at Sutter Memorial Hospital, and later donated 12 blankets to SMH made by our club members.
- Using a portion of our fundraised money and a generous donation from Target itself, we went on a shopping spree at Target. There we bought over $180 worth of everyday items such as napkins, food, and cleaning supplies for the Sacramento Ronald McDonald House.
- We helped Sweet Dreams create a yoga video for children who are in the hospital or at home and need to get their little bodies moving.
- We also volunteered in Comcast Cares Day at the Ronald McDonald House
Our next meeting is October 2nd during Flextime in the Multi!
- Make sure to turn in your Activity Participation Waivers!
IT COULD BE YOU!! LET US KNOW!
Ribbon of the Month:
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Text @cancerkick to 81010 to get updates or contact us!