I have assignments in Schoology Monday through Friday for your student. Each night, I put in the next day's lessons for them to see and do.
- Students need to log-in each day to schoology https://fcusd.schoology.com/
- Go to the Homeroom Grade 4 Course link
- Click on the BLUE folder: Assignments for April 14-17
- Go to the green folder for the day's lessons.
- Click on the different assignments for links to the work in google.
- Students are also to attemt 45 minutes of i-Ready Reading and 45 minutes of i-Ready Math for each week.
Please email then if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
You all should have received your information from the district on logging into Schoology. Students should be logging into the Homeroom Course each day and then going to their assignments in Reading, Math, and Social Studies in teh week's assignments for more information about those assignments. If you are not getting emails from me, please let me know at email@example.com
The district has sent tech help information but you may also email me and I will do my best to help if I can. The goal is to get all students logged into Schoology and be able to access assignments this first week (March 30 - April 3). Then we will have Spring Break and reconnect on April 14th through Schoology.
- Free Enrichment Resources for Students and Families:
Ideas That Can Be Shared, Printed, Downloaded and Accessed on a Variety of Personal Devices
Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
Khan Academy (http://bit.ly/3b3eiZB)
Read-Aloud and Listening
- Story Time from Space (https://storytimefromspace.com/)
- Stories read aloud by famous actors (https://www.storylineonline.net/)
- Podcasts for Kids (all ages) (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/the-best-podcasts-for-kids)
- ELA/ELD Resources from Around the State (http://bit.ly/33s1CZM)
- Read-Write-Think (K-12) (http://www.readwritethink.org/parent-afterschool-resources/)
- Story Jumper (requires parent login) (https://www.storyjumper.com/)
- Story Bird (requires parent login) (https://storybird.com/)
- USA Learns - ESL for Adult Ed. and High School (http://www.usalearns.org/)
- You Cubed Math Tasks (K-12) (https://www.youcubed.org/tasks/)
- Robert Kaplinsky Math Lessons (K-12) (https://robertkaplinsky.com/lessons/)
- 3-Act Math Lessons (K-7) (https://gfletchy.com/3-act-lessons/)
- History/Social Science
- Let’s Go Luna - Travel the World (https://www.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/luna-pbskids/)
- News Depth (4-7th) (https://www.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/newsdepth/)
- World Cultures (PK-5th) (https://www.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/world-cultures-pbskids/)
- Above the Noise (6th - 12th) (http://bit.ly/3d4ZMlT)
- Crash Course - HSS (9th-12th) (https://ca.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/crash-course/)
- USA Learns - Citizenship Course for Adult Ed. and High School (http://www.usalearns.org/)
- Mystery Science (K-5) (https://mysteryscience.com/school-closure-planning)
- Exploratorium - Read, watch, experiment (all ages) (https://www.exploratorium.edu/explore)
- Academy of Science Webcams (all ages) (https://www.calacademy.org/learn-explore/animal-webcams)
- San Diego Zoo Webcams (all ages) (https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/cams/baboon-cam)
- NOVA Wonders (6th - 12th) (https://www.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/novawonders/)
- Crash Course - Science and HSS (9th - 12th) (https://ca.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/crash-course/)
- Virtual Field Trips
Please be sure you have read and signed your student's 2019-2020 Back to School Packet.
Click on blue link to access.
Maryanne SteurerFourth Grade
Room 20Telephone contact:(916) 294-9180 Ext. 650220Email contact:firstname.lastname@example.org