- Volunteers are now allowed to return to campus to assist staff, when needed, indoors and out-of-doors.
Detailed information regarding the volunteer clearance process is outlined below:
- Visit the Oak Chan office to verify that your volunteer paperwork is up to date.
- Submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination***
- If your TB test result on file has expired, submit a current negative TB test result (TB test results are good for 4 years).
In order to be cleared, potential volunteers must do the following:
- Complete theCategory 2 Volunteer Packet and bring it to the Oak Chan office with proof of current TB clearance and COVID vaccination***. Your application must be approved and SIGNED by the Principal before moving forward with the next steps.
- Download a copy of the Volunteer Handbookand read thoroughly.
- Bring the following items to the FCUSD District Office at 1965 Birkmont Drive, Rancho Cordova, Monday-Friday between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm:
- Completed Category 2 Volunteer Application signed by the Principal
- Up-to-date TB Clearance -TB tests are offered monthly at FCUSD TB Clinics, or tests can be done at any medical clinic or physician’s office.
- Proof of full COVID vaccination***
- DOJ Clearance -Currently, fingerprinting at the ESC is unavailable for volunteers. Fingerprinting is offered at most UPS Stores, Live Scan Plus More, and More than a Mailbox. A Livescan Request Form (available in the Oak Chan office) must be submitted at the time of scanning to ensure that the background clearance result is forwarded to FCUSD.
***In order to meet Cal/OSHA requirements, unvaccinated volunteers must do one of the following each week in order to work on FCUSD campuses the following week:
- Complete and return a CovidDX PCR test in the school’s testing box, OR
- Complete a BinaxNow Rapid Antigen test during scheduled testing hours at ESC, OR
- Complete a Rapid Antigen test with site administrator, OR
- Provide results of negative test results from physician or authorized testing facility.
More information about BinaxNow: This is a new testing system FCUSD has for employees, students and volunteers.
Appointments will be scheduled five days a week at ESC to provide rapid antigen testing for employees, students and volunteers.
Questions? Please visit or call the Oak Chan office at 916-294-9155.
Human Resources will notify the school site when the volunteer is cleared for work. The Oak Chan office will then notify the cleared volunteer.
All volunteers will be required to follow FCUSD’s current masking and safety guidelines when volunteering on campus.
Volunteer Documents and Forms
- At this time, FCUSD will not be processing Category 1 Volunteers
Please review the Volunteer Handbook for requirements and responsibilities.
Once approved as a volunteer, please submit a completed volunteer form according to the instructions in the handbook. For additional information see the HR website for Volunteering.