Welcometo First Grade!
Dear First Grade Families,
Welcome to our 1st grade class this year. I am looking forward to getting to know you. I can’t wait to start our year. I will be sending out an email to your families, hopefully before school starts. Would you please be sure to email me back confirming I have the correct email address? Thanks.
This information may be helpful to your child on their first day of school:
- On our first day together, you can come straight into the room with your parents and look around. On following days, you’ll leave your backpack along the wall in front of Room 9, walk to the playground, then line up in front of our classroom when you hear the bell ring at 8:22.
- You may want to bring a healthy snack and, of course, your lunch. You can also buy lunch in the cafeteria.
- Please wear comfortable shoes or sandals with socks so you can have fun at recess and P.E.
- You may bring a water bottle to class. Please label it with your name.
- A backpack is a great way to organize your papers. I prefer backpacks without wheels as they can be hard to hang on our rack.
- I have posted a suggested student and class supply list, if you care to make donations to the class.
If you have any questions, please feel to contact me at JFerrari@FCUSD.ORG or (916) 294-9170, extension 270209.
I will be emailing you shortly with our first class newsletter. During the first two weeks of school, we'll all come early 8:22 to 1:52, and I'll schedule a day for your child to stay late with me (1:52 to 2:37) so I can do some some small group assessment. I'll email that info to you and also send home a copy on the first day of school. Could you please email me back so I can verify the email address and also let me know if the assessment time I scheduled is convenient for you.
I’m really looking forward to getting to know you. Here’s to a gator great year!