Sarah SwensonEnglish DepartmentRoom A-203Honors English 2English 3Phone: 294-2400 Ext. 415211E-mail: SSwenson@fcusd.orgOffice Hours:Fall: 7:30am - 8:00am and 3:03pm - 3:30pmSpring: 7:30am - 8:00am and 3:03pm - 3:15pm
Attention Incoming Honors English 2 Students
Please start your summer reading assignment EARLY! Below you will find the link to the assignment. It can also be found on this website under Honors English 2 and Course Documents, as well as on the FHS website under the English department. Here a few tips to help you:
1. Actually DO the reading - using Cliff's Notes, Sparknotes, Gradesaver or even Shmoop WON'T help you
2. Read How to Read Literature Like a Professor FIRST
3. Take notes WHILE you read and not after
4. If possible, purchase the books so that you can write in them
5. Use techniques you learned last year and talk to your friends for help. DO NOT copy or plagiarze though!
Grading Reminder:Don't forget that I do not use total points. I use weighted grades in order to ensure that the grade received is reflective of the knowledge learned and demonstrated in class, and not dependent on homework only (though this can and does certainly help). To remind yourself, please seee the course expectations page for your corresponding English class. This should also be kept at teh front of your notebook.
Miss Bone's Wish ListIf you would like to donate anything to my classroom, here are the top five (5) items the English department - and I - could use!1) Kleenex2) Binder Paper3) Colored Printer Paper4) White Printer Paper5) Hand Sanitizer/Clorox WipesThank you so much for your support of the FHS English department.Go Bulldogs! :)