Email: email@example.comPhone: 916-294-2450 ext:810284Room: D5
Hello Students and Parents!
Welcome to my website. I am the engineering lead teacher for Cordova High School. In our pathway, you will learn about 3D computer-aided drafting and using a 3D printer and laser cutter/engraver and be able to create multiple design projects ranging from a catapult, solar car, balsa wood bridges, solar powered canoe and much more. Students in our pathway have the opportunity to go on field trips, hear guest speakers, and our Senior Capstone class is articulated with Folsom Lake College.
- 9th Grade: Introduction to Product Innovation and Design (3rd period)
- 3D printing, Laser cutting, design process, design fundamentals
- 10th Grade: Electronics and Robotics (1st period)
- Basic circuits, soldering, robotics
- 11th Grade: Product Innovation and Design (2nd period)
- Product design with a variety of themes including bridge design, catapults, and machines
- 12th Grade: Advanced Product Innovation and Design (4th period)
- Partner with local business partners to solve their real-life engineering problems.
Here’s to an awesome year,
Mrs. Faith Caplan