How do I get an Independent Study Contract for my Student?

  • Independent Studies are in place so that parents can take their student out of school during the school year. They must be:

    • A minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 14 days.  Each student may only have 14 total days of Independent Study per year.
    • The days must be consecutive school days for each contract.
    • You must contact the teacher and office at least two weeks before your trip (the earlier the better).  E-mailing to notify works great.  Please include our attendance Clerk, Rose Chirolo, at
    • When you come to the office to sign the contract, please bring your student(s) with you, as they sign as well.