INDEPENDENT STUDY AGREEMENT TK-12
If your student will be absent from school for a period of 3-14 consecutive school days due to travel or another reason, please contact your students school office at least 10 school days prior to the leave of absence to request an Independent Study Agreement.
Duration: 3 days minimum – 14 days maximum per school year
BEFORE the student leaves:
• Independent Study is not available the first two weeks of school or the last two weeks of school. Students who fail to report back by the third day of instruction may be disenrolled. If space is no longer available, the student will be overflowed to another neighboring school or at the secondary level the student may lose their spot in a high demand class.
•Office staff will ensure that the contract is completed in full. Parent/Guardian must sign the contract 10 days prior to the begin date of the contract.
• Parent/Guardian is responsible for the supervision of the child while he or she is completing the assignments necessary for evaluation.
• Parent/Guardian is liable for the cost of replacement or repair for willfully damaged or destroyed books or other school property
• All completed work must be returned to the classroom teacher by the return date specified in the agreement.
WHEN the student returns:
• The student must turn in their work product (i.e. assignment) in person or electronically in pdf format on the END date on the Independent Study Contract in order to receive attendance credit for contracts 3 days or greater.
Education code 51747