What is the difference between Official and Unofficial Transcripts?Transcript

    UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS - do not have the official school seal or signature, nor are they in a sealed envelope.  An unofficial transcript is typically requested to provide proof of grades for auto insurance or other personal needs. These can be emailed to you. 

    OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS - have the official school seal and signature and are placed in a sealed envelope. Some scholarships require an Official Transcript, however most do not.  

    Email the following information to kvargas@fcusd.org

    • Name at the time of graduation
    • Year you graduated in
    • Date of Birth
    • Address you lived at when graduated.
    • Where to send the offical or unoffical transcript 

    There is a $2 fee for each transcript. Please make check or money order out to Folsom Lake High School. You may also, drop cash off to the office. Please allow 2 school days to process your request.


    Mail payment to:

    Folsom Lake High School

    Attn: Kristina Vargas

    1655 Iron Point Rd

    Folsom, CA 95630 



    CSU or UC Schools:  Students do not need to request a transcript UNLESS it is an application requirement for a special program. CSU and UC do NOT accept transcripts as part of the initial application process. 

    Common Applications/Send EDU:  Students do not need to request a transcript. Enter your counselor's email on the application and your counselor will upload the transcript when they complete your common application.   

    Out of State & Private Schools:  Non CSU, UC or schools not using Common App, such as private colleges and universities and schools out of state may require a copy of your transcript.  Please consult their website to determine if a transcript is necessary. 

    Scholarships/Jobs/Auto Insurance: Please determine whether you will need an Official or Unofficial transcript. If unofficial, it will be emailed to you. Allow 2 school days to process these requests.