* It's time to work on our OVERHAND throwing and striking either indoors or outdoors.
* Whether indoors or outdoors, LOOK OUT for objects (including pets) where you live.
* While indoors, use a soft object to throw and strike (squishy ball, socks, crumpled piece of paper, beach ball, balloon, inflated ziploc baggie).
* If outdoors, a heavier/harder object can be thrown (bean bag, tennis ball, softball, baseball), but a soft object should be struck (beach ball, balloon, inflated ziploc baggie).
* Make sure you have enough room to move.
* I don't want you to break anything or yourself.
(Kinder-2nd Grade Have a basket full of balls so the thrower can make multiple attempts at each target without shagging the balls.)
(3rd Grade-5th Grade Adjust the distance from each target, and the size of the targets according to your experience.)
(This is from last week. Watch if you need to make your own paddle. Plus it's a great example of striking.)
(2nd-5th Grades Instead of saying ABC's, say the names of colors, cars, teams, t.v. shows, items of clothing, etc.)
(This teacher uses UNDERHAND to strike. I want you to use OVERHAND for this activity.)