Transitional Kindergarten Registration


    2021-2022 Transitional Kindergarten Registration 

    Families whose children turn 5 between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021 may apply for Transitional Kindergarten directly at the school assigned to their home address.  We are only able to offer Transitional Kindergarten Programs at school sites with available space.

    The child’s parent/legal guardian must fill out all enrollment forms to apply for TK.

    Each of the following items is required in order to complete the registration process:

    • Ed Code 48002 states that any of the documents listed as proof of age is acceptable - 
      • Certified copy of birth record or statement by the local register or county recorder certifying birth date
      • Baptism certificate duly attested
      • Passport
      • An affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor
      • Or, any other means of providing the age of the child as proscribed by the governing board of the school district
    • Immunization Records: Please bring your child’s immunization card into the office for copying.  Health Requirements
    • Verification of Residency as defined Ed Code 48204.1 (but not limited to):
      • Utility Service Contracts, statements, payment receipts, Government Documents, Driver’s License or non-government issued photo ID, Voter Registration, Property Taxes, or Pay Stub, declaration of residency, or correspondence from a government agency may be submitted.
      • If you do not have Verification of Residency in your name, an Affidavit of Residency must be completed by the resident whose name is on the SMUD or PG&E utility bill at the time of enrollment. The Resident must provide their utility bill and photo ID or non-government issued photo ID at the time of Verification completion.
    • Custody Papers (if applicable): Please provide us with a court-stamped copy.
    • IEP: If applicable.
    • Report Health Examination for School Entry
    • Oral Health Assessment

    TK Student Enrollment Form English 

    TK Student Enrollment Form Spanish 

    TK Student Enrollment Form Russian 

    Please return all completed forms and supporting documents to the school office assigned to your home address.

    Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year, state-funded Kindergarten experience for students.  Research suggests that children greatly benefit from programs that address school readiness and Transitional Kindergarten will provide this opportunity for our students.  Frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding California state law relating to TK and Kindergarten:

    The California Department of Education (CDE) Transitional Kindergarten FAQs