Day 1- Scarves/Plastic Shopping Bags, “Complete Juggler” book
- Why juggle?- Lifetime skill, Cross-brain activity, Possible job opportunities, Fun, Fitness
- Cross-brain explanation, cross-brain tests (rub head/pat stomach, circle one foot in the air while writing your name with the opposite hand in the air, etc.)
- Cross-brain activities
- Cross brained directions (Front, Back, Right, Left)
- Finger point/gun switch
- Criss-cross ear/nose then thigh switch
- Cross body touch- ear, shoulder, hip, knee, foot (standing, crab
position, push-up position)
- Scarf Juggling progression
- One scarf- claw catch, right only, left only, throw/clap/catch, throw/spin catch, right to left/left to right
- Two scarf- throw/throw/catch/catch, scarves switch hands through the air, the one that you throw first you catch first in the opposite hand, teacher rhythm…throw/throw/catch/catch
- Three scarf- Begin with the hand that has two, timing is…throw, and throw, and throw, then continue R, L, R, L, R, L, etc.
Day 2 – Scarves, Tennis Balls, Juggling Beanbags, “Complete Juggler” book
- Scarf juggling warm-up- How many in a row contest.
- Scarf juggling tricks- Columns (milk the cow, side by side), fancy starts (under a leg, behind the back, face blow, foot, spineroogy, throw three/catch two/juggle, etc.), reverse cascade, foot catch, head catch, two in one hand, floor/foot pick-up, etc.
- Object/Ball/Beanbag progression
- One ball- right hand toss/catch, left hand toss/catch, right to left toss/catch (remember…smooth, egg catch, eyes up, just over head height for the throw), palms up, soft hands, open palm
- Two ball- throw/throw/catch/catch, both balls at the same height, balls switch hands through the air, throw and throw
- Three ball- Begin with the hand that has two objects, throw and throw and throw, relax, open hands, eyes up, slowly, just over head height.
Day 3 – Scarves, Tennis Balls, Juggling Beanbags, Basketballs, Stompers
- Three ball juggling practice
- Juggling contest…how many in a row?
- Three ball tricks- Columns (milk the cow), reverse cascade, two in one hand, fancy starts (under the leg, behind the back, bounce one, one off the wall, foot throw, throw three/catch two/juggle, bounce three/catch two/juggle, stomper starts, etc.), claw juggling, oof the wall juggling, floor juggling, thigh/foot/head bounce, etc.
- Partner juggling- Pass one, pass three, each pass one, steals (front, side by side), two person side by side juggling, etc.
- Other equipment- Basketballs, rubber chicken, etc.