Welcome to grade 8 P.E.
Folsom Middle Physical Education Kendra Duncan
Hi Grade 8 Students and Parents,
My name is Kendra Duncan and will be your P.E. teacher this year. I am looking forward to helping you
be healthy and active! In grade 8 our focus will be team sports but we will have units where you will set
goals for your personal fitness.
Being in 8th grade comes with responsibilities, 6/7th graders look up to you. You are expected to know how
to act and be a good role model for the younger students.
- All school rules apply - BE SAFE, BE RESPONSIBLE, BE RESPECTFUL
- Listen politely when the teacher is giving instructions
- Use positive language when addressing an adult or a peer (no cussing)
- Work together to fix a problem (Rock, paper scissors ect.)
Clothes - shirts tucked in shorts with name showing
- appropriate laced up tennis shoes
- loners: 3 per trimester, the fourth results in a detention
Participation 50% 10 points per day = 3 for warm-ups
Fitness 25% 3 for run
Skill and Written 25% 4 for participation
YOU EARN YOUR GRADE FROM YOUR EFFORT!
You make the decision daily how you want the day to go. You are expected to contribute positively to
the class and put your best effort into the class activity.
Absences/ Notes of Excusals
Give notes at the beginning of class while at numbers. All absences or notes will be made up. Check the
P.E. handouts for details. Students might have worksheets to work on during non-participation days.
Square Dancing, Tumbling, Personal Fitness Plan, PD 101, Team Physical activities