More information coming soon!
FCUSD does not discriminate in employment against properly qualified and eligible individuals by reason of their actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation as per Board Policy 4030.
Early Completion Option (ECO)
In accordance with CTC Induction Preconditions, FCUSD makes an early completion option available. An electronic application must be submitted and supporting documentation provided. The Early Completion Option is available for “experienced and exceptional” candidates who meet the following established criteria.
- Hold a California Preliminary single subject, multiple subject, or education specialist credential
- Be employed in a California public school
- Be able to document a minimum of 3 years prior teaching experience as the teacher of record (Experience may include, but is not limited to completion of an intern program, teaching out of the state of California, or other recent teaching experience.)
- Be able to provide positive evaluations from prior teaching employment
- Provide evidence of exceptional practice during prior professional experience: For each of the six (6) California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP), you must provide evidence/documentation of teaching practice that meets the quality indicators on the ECO Rubric.
- Provide a detailed recommendation from current site or district administrator
- Sign ECO Letter of Commitment (in lieu of standard Teacher Induction letter of Commitment)
- Evidence of exceptional teaching practice (video). Submit a 10-15 minute continuous video of a lesson that you have taught that is representative of your teaching practice. The primary content of the video should show you providing instruction to your students.
This option is designed to acknowledge the skills of teachers who have previous teaching experience, such that the induction program may be completed in one year rather than two. Upon successful completion of all induction requirements, candidates will be recommended to CTC for a clear credential.
FCUSD’s Teacher Induction program is responsible for determining if the ECO candidate has met all program requirements. The ECO candidate must demonstrate that they have the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies required of all teacher candidates who complete the full-length induction program. If the ECO candidate does not complete the program requirements and/or meet program deadlines, the Induction Coordinator may revoke the ECO status and the candidate will need to complete a second year of the program. Please contact the Teacher Induction Coordinator for additional information, timeline and application process.