IB Career Programme in Patient Care
Cordova High is proud to be one of eleven authorized schools for the IB Career Programme (CP) in the state of California. We are one of five high schools that offers MYP, DP and CP!
What is the IBCP in Patient Care?
The Career-related Program (CP) in Medical/Patient Care is designed for students interested in pursuing a career-related education in the final two years of secondary school. It provides them with an excellent foundation to support their further studies, as well as ensure their preparedness for success in the workforce.
The IBCP enables students to:
- Follow their chosen education and healthcare career pathways in life
- Combine academic subjects with their personal and professional interests and skills
- Engage in learning that makes a positive difference to their community
- Think critically and creatively
- Communicate clearly and effectively in a variety of situations
- Effectively work independently and in collaboration with others
- Consider new perspectives and other points of view
- Develop greater self-confidence and self-awareness
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, flexibility and agility of mind
- Be internationally-minded and globally aware
- Apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios and situations most especially in the health field
Please see the follow resources:
Questions can be sent to our IB Career Programme Coordinator Dr. Chris Mahaffey at email@example.com or at 916.294.2450