Instructional Assistant Training Program
Prepare for the Workforce
FCUSD's schools need well-trained Instructional Assistants (Para Educators). To help meet the growing demand for instructional assistant positions, Folsom Cordova Adult School is offering a 60-hour training program. Earn a certificate of completion and start looking for work. Job search assistance available.
- Role and responsibilities of an IA
- Understanding the different IA positions
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Special Education
- Workplace Communication
- Job Readiness and Soft Skills in the workplace
- ESSA (formally NCLB) Test Preparation in English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Writing
- Employment portfolio: resume, cover letter and Interviewing Skills
- Assistance applying for positions on Edjoin
Tuesday-Thursday, 10 weeks, 60 hours
Call 916-294-9106 for more information.