Students taking an online course or a course based upon a syllabus not approved by FCUSD for any reason must have an “impacted” schedule for all 4 years of HS that meets both the following criteria:
- A full schedule of six classes.
- No TA period.
And one of the following criteria:
- A remaining need for classes that complete graduation requirements.
- A remaining need for classes that complete a-g requirements or Advanced Placement courses.
- A remaining need for classes that complete a Career and Technical, Project Lead the Way, World Language, Global Perspective Studies or Arts pathway.
Steps for approval:
- Students must create, save, and print a 4 year plan demonstrating that they are “impacted” ALL 4 years
- Students must attach the 4 year plan (see document below) to their summer school- enrichment form or course request form and turn it in to the counseling office. Students will be approved (no news is good news) OR receive feedback that they did not qualify
- Review the FHS Curriculum Guide for all the course offerings and prerequisites (located: FHS Counseling Website & Naviance Document Folder)
- We will be offering Course Planning Sessions during PAWS- please check the bulletin for dates