About 500 Women Scientists
500 Women Scientists is a grassroots organization that based on building communities and fostering real change that comes from small groups, not large crowds.
In November 2016, 500WS published an open-letter affirming their commitment to speak up for science and for women, minorities, immigrants, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA.
The mission of 500 Women Scientists is to serve society by making science open, inclusive, and accessible.
To achieve our mission we:
- Empower women to grow to their full potential in science;
- Increase scientific literacy through public engagement;
- Advocate for science and equality.
The vision of 500 Women Scientists is to be the foremost organization for the transformation of leadership, diversity, and public engagement in science.
Our values are rooted in:
- Recognizing that science touches the lives of every person on this planet;
- Enhancing scientific mentorship and encouraging an atmosphere of collaboration;
- Using the language and wonder of science to bridge the divides that separate societies and to enhance global diplomacy.