Tools for Parents & Students
- Check your student's progress in PowerSchool. Each parent and student may have an account.
Parent Access Accounts
for help accessing parent accounts. may also email the counselor for another copy.
Student Access Accounts
Students can access their accounts by selecting the Powerschool Parent Link. The following is used to log in:
Username= First initial + First three letters of the last name + Last 4 numbers of student ID
Password= Last 4 numbers of the student ID
Tips for Parents
- Assist your child with setting realistic goals and encouraging them to take steps to achieve them.
- Encourage your child to get involved in school activities. Attend sports and performances to show your support.
- Set expectations with your child about daily school attendance and success.
- Attend back to school night, parent-teacher conferences and open houses.
- Keep an eye out for interim and midterm report cards. If you don't get one from your child, call the school and request a copy.
- Help your child stay organized.
- It is your child's responsibility to get homework done and prepare for tests, but provide support for homework challenges and follow up with questions after tests.
- Work together with the school. Make appointments to meet with counselors, teachers, and administrators to check in on your child's progres
If Your Student Is Struggling
- Log into PowerSchool and teacher websites daily
- Have your child show you the completed work each day. Students often think they have finished or forget that they have homework.
- Try a Homework Folder. Once you see that homework is completed, watch your student put it in this folder. All homework goes into this folder this way your child only has to look one place for homework to be turned in. You can check this folder daily to make sure your student is turning in their homework.
- Provide a daily incentive for completing and turning in homework. Small incentives such as daily computer or phone time work sot hat if you have to withold it, it is only for one day. Then the incentive starts over for the next day.
- Talk with your student's teachers. You may contact them by phone or email
- If you have tried all of these suggestions, please feel free to contact your studen't counselor. We are happy to assist and/or schedule a Parent/Teacher conference or Student Study Team (SST) meeting.