Career Expos and Events -
Here are some great community events & programs at which students can engage in career exploration:
- El Dorado Union High School District Career Expo - March 13, 2019, 6:30 at Union Mine High School
- Firefighters Career Expo - March 2, 2019
- Skilled Trades Job Fair - Saturday, April 13, Citrus Heights Community Center. Graduating Senior Hiring Event 12-3:30 p.m.
- UC Davis High School Pre-Health Symposium - Fall 2019 date TBA
- El Dorado Hills Fire Department Explorer Program
- FBI Teen Academy - A one-day program for 11th graders is generally offered twice per year: once in the fall and once in the spring. Spring 2019 FBI Academy will be Friday, April 12, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Roseville Field Office. Application here It must be signed by Vista Counselor and submitted to the FBI Field office by postal or hand delivery no later than Monday, March 11 at 5 p.m. Limited space is available.
Sacramento District Attorney Youth Academy - This program meets twice a month from late September-March/April at one of 4 regional locations, the closest of which is the Rancho Cordova Police Department. Deadline to apply is September 7, 2018. See linked flyer for details. Space is limited and on a first come, first served basis.
Summer Hands on career exploration at Sac State:
- Students may choose from a series of week-long career exploration opportunities this summer at Sac State. Topics include Coding, Cyber Security, Theater, Law Enforcement, Health Careers, Engineering & Robotics, Multimedia Journalism, Fashion, Farm-to-Fork, Forensics, Fire & Emergency Services, Biotech, and Government. Costs are approximately $255 each plus materials fees, with savings for more than one program. Visit www.cce.csus.edu/acads for more information. Brochures available in the Vista Career Center.
Career Exploration Websites: